Monday, December 1, 2008

My Irish Adventure

As you all know, since i had too much mon... i mean.. since i had a week off last week.. i took this opportunity to go to.. yep as u prolly figured out by now.. dublin!! No marks for guessing.. haha! Anw im damn lazy to type out what i did precisely and i dont wanna bore u guys to death either.. so i'll just summarise each day briefly and let the pics do the talkin instead!!


My Dublin Journal
Day 1
I Reached dublin at 3 sth if i remember correctly.. and took the bus to trinity college.. where i was suppose to meet yiyun. After she saw me and i swept her off her feet, we met up with jaclyn who showed us around trinity. Yiyun felt kiasu then.. so she took us for a free tour of rsci. I offered to take them to manchester uni but they both declined politely.. saying it was too far to walk. (and swim) Later, we had a mini pm3 reunion in eddie rockets. Gosh! we had so much fun talkin about the good ol' days.. like taylors.. making fun of ken.. and tioman.. and making fun of ken again.. and iceskating.. And did I mention making fun of ken?


The mini pm3 reunion at eddie rockets!!


The potato people.. or was it the famine potato ppl.. cant remember.. but they were DAMN freaky.. sth you'd expect to see in a horror film!


Yiyun took me to the irish national prison.. yeah this is where they lock you up if you've been a bad boy or girl.. LOL

Day 2
Yiyun had already introduced me to her friends, and we made our way to the Guiness factory today. Took a hell lot of pictures here, and i even got to drink about 2 pints of guiness for free! Really got to know her friends today, and had dinner with them in some traditional irish restaurant. Dinner that night cost 24 euros... which really made me go like O.O cos my dinner over here in manchester is only about 5 quid!!!







I got to make my own pint of guiness beer!


Yiyun's, Gan's, and my drink.. BOTTOMS UP!!

All gone!! Yiyun got tipsy after this.. no kidding!!

I took yiyun to the dublin cathedral where the choir was singing. They were SERIOUSLY good man.

Movie of the day: Madagascar 2

Day 3
Yiyun had previously decided that we should go for a walking tour of wicklow. Its the place where they filmed ps i love you. The girls should know this... Unfortunately it was raining quite heavily as we made our way up the mountain, but good thing it stopped as soon as we got to the top. The pics dont do the real thing justice imo.. Anw we were both wet as we came back to the city which was really cold and nearly froze to death...


A certain someone camwhoring on the train.


Ireland's coastline.


At the foot of wicklow mountan


The long dark journey to the top



And finally.. the top of wicklow mountain!


Beanies make my hair look SO bad! Now u guys know why i dont wear caps, hats, beanies, etc.

Movie of the day: Eurotrip
Day 4
Yiyun had lecture this morning and asked me to come along with her.. Since i obviously enjoy medicine so much i decided to wake up at 730 in the morning to follwer her to class.. I think the lecturer was waffling on about some enzymes and protiens etc. Anw to cut a long story short she was damn boring.. and im surprised i even remember what the lecture was about. I amaze myself sometimes.. Spent the rest of the morning shopping and wandering the streets like some homeless chap.. I cooked rendang for her friends that night.. And it was really good, beng, xiaowei, and jessie dont know what they missed! Boarded the plane back home to manchester at 8.30pm.
Last group pic before i left
And that conludes my adventure to dublin!!! I love ireland laaa seriously.. its so much more cultural compared to manchester.. like everywhere i go there'll be some traditional irish song playing.. and there are even ppl dancing about in the pubs ok! Haha! Oh, sorry bout the boring style of writing.. i just thought it'd be nicer if i made it more formal.. sort of a real traveller's log. LOL. Yeah i like to syok sendiri la.. Sue me. =p
Anw.. post of Manchester United vs Blackburn coming up soon!! YES IM GOING TO THE MATCH THIS WEDNESDAY EAT THAT SUCKAS!!! =PPPPP

No comments: