Friday, April 11, 2008

Free Rice

I've been visiting our class blog every few hours or so, but I find no updates. Sien. Anyway, we had a great time hiking today. It was fun, a bit challenging and very interesting; especially with a noisy complainer whose shoes spoil. And my hands are itchy now because of the mosquito bites. Joel will be giving the full update.

I wanted to help increase our blog posts some more so we can compete with PM7 ( yes, I'm tuck han mou yeh jou )
So let me introduce you to this website: Free Rice

This website has been running for a couple of months by the UN World Food Program.

By playing the vocabulary game on the website, we get to improve our vocabulary and also donate rice to the poor around the world. It is no hoax. The money to buy rice is generated from the ads that appear together with the questions. For each correctly guessed word, you send 20 grains of rice to the poor.

This is the video as proof that the poor are really getting rice from those playing this game http://documents.wfp.org/stellent/groups/public/documents/newsroom/wfp152916.wmv

P/S: See, we can really generate money with ads. Lets put up ads on our blog!

No comments: