Thursday, June 5, 2008

Things to ponder

It has been some time since my last post. Hope this time I wont be criticized for this post.

Firstly, I would like to thank Joel and Sui Poh for the information about the jpa scholarship. Besides, we can also apply for the loan from jpa after studying oversea for 1 yr. As for more information about the scholarship, u can find it at this link, http://esila.jpa.gov.my/pdf/Iklan_spm9a.pdf

The next thing I wanna say is about the petrol price hike and inflation. The hike in petrol price will surely cause inflation and that may even trigger recession in the future.(hope this don't happen)

I just wanna share this with u guys. There's this account called e-Savers account from Standard Chartered Bank which offers at least 2.5% interest rate per annum which is higher than other bank n it helps to buffer against inflation since I have a feeling that our RM is shrinking and u'll get a debit master card. Those who r interested can find out more fr the bank. The link is http://www.standardchartered.com.my/cb/deposit/esaver/default.html

The next thing I wanna say is for those that plan to go oversea to study soon. Our RM has appreciated against some major currencies like USD, pound, Australian Dollar since their high last year. However, around a month ago, our ringgit starts to weaken n I'm afraid that it'll weaken more in the near future because of the unsteady political condition, inflation, etc. However, in the long run, I think our ringgit will strengthen again. It's up to u guys on how u see the forex market as it may go up or down and what I meant is for the nearer future. So pls do not blame me if my predictions are wrong. Besides, the high interest rate for foreign currency fd also act as a buffer. I have found out fr some banks n found that Public Bank offers one of the most attractive fd rate. They offer bonus interest rate on top of the rate that is stated. Those who r interested can find out more fr the bank. If u guys found that there are other banks that offer a better rate than Public Bank, do let us noe. For more info, here are the links for Public Bank. This is the link for the fd rate, http://www.pbebank.com/en/en_content/personal/rates/fcfdrates.html while this is the link for forex, http://www.pbebank.com/en/en_content/personal/rates/index.html

The next thing I would like to say is that I've received the coupons from genting and wonder any of u guys are interested to go to genting. Maybe we can have a trip to genting early july or some other time before ur uni starts. It's up to u guys. This is a sample of the coupons and I have around 6 sets of this.

Other than that, I would like to suggest that we go for an outing after our exam next wed. But pls don't ask me to belanja again cause I don't really have that much money d.

I guess that's all for my post this time. Happy studying! Good luck to all!


No comments: